”°°m' satisfied with the student’s proficiency. When a student is required to do this
E gas additional work, the committee will report this requirement to the University
Miss registrar, who will indicate the fact on the student’s record.
g Foreign Languages. No student whose native language is other than
English, and who has had formal instruction in schools of his own country,
may be permitted to take elementary, intermediate, or conversation courses
COm_ in that language.
[ the Unsatisfactory Scliolarsliip and Attendance. A student who is doing unsat-
from isfactory work, or has excessive absences, is reported to the dean of the
college in which he is registered. This student shall be under the special super-
any vision of his dean. If after a suitable length of time it becomes apparent that
ment no improvement is being made, the dean may drop the student from the course,
reporting the action to the Registrar.
Repeated Registration. The head of a department may refuse to allow a
don, student to register in a course for a third time (including correspondence and
thé extension ) .
: the Classijication. A student in any undergraduate college shall be classified
by the University registrar as a sophomore when he has completed 28 credit
hours, a junior when he has completed 60 credit hours and a senior when he
Iggy has completed 90 credit hours.
rib]; A Law student shall be classified as a second year student when he has
iam completed 24 credit hours and as a third year student when he has completed
’ 58 credit hours. He shall not, however, be classified as a second year stu-
mm dent until he has been in residence at least two semesters, nor as a third year
QOH- student until he has been in residence at least three semesters.
lm- A Pharmacy student shall be classified as a second year student when he
has completed 28 credit hours and as a third year student when he has com-
jsity pleted 56 credit hours.
lent Classification of Transfer Students. A student who transfers to the Un1~
X. 3 versity as a junior and ranks in the lowest quarter on the entrance tests will be
the classified as a junior conditionally. The continuance of junior classification will
depend on the student’s making a standing of 2.0 or more, on his first semes-
{ted ter’s work.
Special Examinations. A student regularly enrolled in the University may
vith be given a special examination for credit, provided the request for the examina-
nsi- tion is approved by the University Registrar, the dean of the college, and the
his head of the department concerned. Application must be made in writing to
the Registrar.
the An auditor in a course may not take an examination in that course for
,m_ credit. A student who has failed a course may not take a special examination
ing to remove the failure.
ent Credit for work done by Extension and Correspondence. Not more than
32 credit hours required for an undergraduate degree and not more than one-
for half of the requirements for a major may be gained by extension or cor-
not respondence.
Under certain conditions up to six credit hours and nine weeks of the
ive residence required for a master’s degree may be satisfied by extension work
1en taught by University of Kentucky instructors. No credit will be given in the
aan Graduate School or in the professional colleges for courses done by cor-
di- respondence.
wt Credit for work done at University Centers. Credit for work done while
is registered at University Centers shall be limited to freshman and sophomore