of this page
of entire item
De bono coniugali &c, late 15th to early 16th centuries (MS Latin Kentucky X)
- S. Augustine of Hippo
- Identifier: MS LAT KY X
- Summary: A collection of St. Augustin.
- Origin: late 15th to early 16th centuries
- Decoration: Five-line illuminated initials beginning each liber.
- Provenance: Gift of Philip Sang, 1961.
- Script: Humanist, very clear, a few common abbreviations throughout
- Support: Parchment
- Binding: Red morocco with diapering texture, double- gold border lines, stamped corner details, probably 18th century. Marbled pastedown and flyleaf.
- Layout: Simple frame ruling in graphite, supporting 33 lines. Single columns in long lines.
You may come across language in UK Libraries Special Collections Research Center collections and online resources that you find harmful or offensive. SCRC collects materials from different cultures and time periods to preserve and make available the historical record. These materials document the time period when they were created and the view of their creator. As a result, some may demonstrate racist and offensive views that do not reflect the values of UK Libraries.
If you find description with problematic language that you think SCRC should review, please contact us at SCRC@uky.edu.
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed in accordance with U. S. copyright laws.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
The text may or may not be an accurate representation of the original.