3. Official information (as detailed as possible) about any specialized
military training for which he wishes to seek college credit. Such
the information may be covered in a Separation Form, letters from mili-
erv- tary authorities, a report from the Armed Forces Institute, or on
USAFI Form No. 47 (Revised).
nary . 4. A Certificate of Eligibility and Entitlement, Public Law 346, or a
ded. ; letter indicating eligibility under Public Law 16. (No payment for
stu- subsistence may be made until a certificate has been filed with the
to a . University. The veteran should obtain his certificate from the Vct-
s or   erans Administration as soon as possible after discharge from mili-
;s or tary service.) .
iital. 5. Sufficient funds to provide subsistence for two months.
Credit for Training Taken While in Military Service
With the exception noted below respecting military science, the Unl-
Gmfl versity of Kentucky does not grant blanket credit for military service.
midi- Any credit allowed will be granted on the basis of demonstrated proficiency
3ff€· in a particular subject or subjects. {
ad- » The Army Specialized Training Program. This program was offered
at the University of Kentucky and all courses have been evaluated in terms
of equivalent University courses and have been assigned credit values. Credit
rang- from other accredited institutions for courses taken in the ASTP will be
ding, accepted on transfer, provided that the amount in any particular course
shing does not exceed the amount allowed by the University of Kentucky.
ill D8 The Engincers’ Specialist School. This school was operated at the
i3¤¤B University of Kentucky from September, 1942, to September, 1943, as a
this branch of the Engineers School at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. Course equiva-
5 ’fh€ lents have been determined and credit values have been assigned.
3 Wm ESMWT Courses. Defense and war training courses in engineering,
science, and management were offered at the University of Kentucky
ifica- without credit. No credit is to be allowed for these courses.
Courses Taken at Other Institutions. As indicated above, the veteran
`€5 OY may transfer to the University of Kentucky credit earned in military
. training courses at other institutions, provided that for any course offered
niza- at the University of Kentucky the credit will not be in excess of that allowed
· here. Credit for training programs not offered at the University of Ken-
mm?  l tucky (Navy V—12, etc.) will be accepted on transfer from other fully ac-
credited institutions. Generally speaking, the amount allowed will be that
 » recommended by the other institution. However, the University reserves
the right to re-evaluate such credits, particularly when the amount assigned
res az varies greatly from general practice.
Credit in Military Service. Any veteran who has had three months
ies tc cr more of military service may receive credit for the University’s two-
` year elementary course in Military Science, or such part of it he has not
iously . already completed.
Arm? Credit for Other Types of Military Training. Credit for specialized
Omg ( training taken in other than accredited educational institutions will be
2Eg;$` allowed only on the basis of demonstrated proficiency in a. particular sub-