xt7r222r5k6p https://exploreuk.uky.edu/dips/xt7r222r5k6p/data/mets.xml Lewis, George Alexander, 1846- 1912  books b92-89-27465889 English s.n.], : [S.l. : Contact the Special Collections Research Center for information regarding rights and use of this collection. Kentucky Capital and capitol. Kentucky's new state capitol  / prepared by Geo. A. Lewis. text Kentucky's new state capitol  / prepared by Geo. A. Lewis. 1912 2002 true xt7r222r5k6p section xt7r222r5k6p 


This page in the original text is blank.


fnitue cIvg'

State Capitol

reparrtbbi tom. !. 'Xts
  C31lirt 9.0tu bian . f ths Auilehns

ir6t1 j3Ebiu-e


    CO  1.G11 It
GEO. .. EI--



This page in the original text is blank.


                       ,nwmt of 4pjropriations

e HE following amounts were appropriated for the new Capitol by the various Leg-

          1904. For the erection of the new building .   .-.-. 1,000,000
          1905. To purchase a new location ......  ........  40,000
          1905. Special appropriation for additional ground..  20,000
          1906. To cover cost of change in interior finish .....  250,000
          1908. To carry on work and furnish building  .....  460,000
          1910. To complete landscaping of grounds ..... 5..  0,000

                    Total .1,820,000


                             (10t of the GFiRoI

A:lmount expended for building ........ ............................. 1,180,434.80
Amount expended for grounds ......................................  63,793.00
Amount expended for furniture. carpets. marble floors. mural paintings,
    etc ..........................................................  141,881.00
Amount expended for metal file cares'. vaults. et( .. .....................  45,188.01)
Anmount expended for power plant ...................................  90,000.00
.otimunt expended for heating, lighting and electrical fixtures ..... I ...  108,703.24'
A.lWoaint expended for terrace afnd landseapinig .. . ....................  190,4)00.00

      '. taI adioimlint expenided ..................................... 1,820,000.00

    Tle ftcs4 f the architect. Frtik -M. Anlrew--   untiug to 82.730.00-are in-
clu.det in, the ai "e ligare,.



This page in the original text is blank.


                        Pimenrions of        tait  Ause

Total length of Building, from east to west ................................. 403 feet
Depth of central part of Building, through the vestibule ..... ............... 186 feet
Diameter of Rotunda .................................................. 57 feet
Height of Building from terrace floor to top of parapet wall ..... .......... 80 feet
Height of Dome from terrace floor to top of lantern ...................... 212 feet
Width of Architectural Terrace, at the front and rear of the wings of the build-
    ing and at the east end ............................................. 30 feet
Width of Architectural Terrace at the west end and rear of central pavilion ..... 40 feet
Length of Pediment from east to west ..................................... 74 feet
Height of Pediment from base line to apex ................................ 25 feet


                           'The we(i unate 4iu5e

AJHEN the Legislature of 1904 met the State of Kentucky was practically out of debt,
      a bill appropriating 1,000,000 for the purpose of erecting a new State Capitol
      passed that body with hut one dissenting vote, and a comtmlission to carry out the
provisious of the aet was appointed. consisting( of the following:

        .1. C. AV. lBE(CKIIAM.  ...Governor
        H. A'. MeneI N3.V                           Secretary of State
        WI. IIA;Et ..State Auditor
        N. B. llIv.         ....            .t   .   Attorney  eneral
        Il. I. BloSWORT1.             .atate Treasurer
        1 enrv B. Ware was isiade Secretary to the Board.

        It was provided by the act above referred to that the new building was to be
erected upon the site of the old. lut when the Architect, Frank M. Andrews, of Day-
ton. Ohio. preseltedl his Plan1 it was found that the old location was not suitable for
the proposed stnrcture, and a special session of the Legislature was called to meet in
January. 1905. to consider the matter. The result was that the location was changed
to the south side of Frankfort. 40.000 appropriated for the purchase of grounds and
the farm known as the "Hunt Place," containing thirty-three acres, secured for the


         CAI'Ii'4ll'   44'4INMISSION. WHVIIICHII ItFt;AX 'I'IIF: KII.Ns1'RIl CT'IIIN  IFt THE SEW Xl'\   PIT1'1.
I1. V. Mtwhesi.y. Seamy..I Stit..         J. C'. W. It. khnii.. 4.....ii--r      N. It. ll:lx. Altt'y It.Ii
     1. N1. Bv[r.  Tr-mmtirr                                               S. WV. Al,,r..\Iit.-r

This page in the original text is blank.


         NEW CAPITM. I'4 MNINISION. WIlI II    OINL'    TE r' I    -lE1'F:I TII NEW Kb IN VTI -'KY II MI I:

Ben L. Bruner. Secy State              AuguIns E. WVIhs..". 4J.ervI.r Ialijes Ilrethiltt. Att'y Gentl
          iFrunk 1'. ItJn.e-. Adlt-r          Eluig I':Vrle.ry, Tr-anrr

This page in the original text is blank.


      A contract for the erection of the building was let to the General Supply and
Construction Company of New York, and on the 14th of August, 1905, the ground was
broken for the foundation, and on the 16th of June, 1906, the corner stone was laid.
The work progressed rapidly, but was scarcely under roof when, on the 1st of Jan-
uary, 190S, there was a change of administration, and the following Commissioners
took charge of affairs:

        AUGUSTUS E. WILLSON, .       .     .    .    Governor
        BEN L. BRUNER,    .     .    .     .    .    Secretary of State
        FRANK P. JAMES, .       .    .     .    .    State Auditor
        JAMES BREATHITT,        .    .     .    .    Attorney General
        EDWIN FPARLEY,       .       .     .    .    State Treasurer
      Capt. Edwin M. Drane was made Secretary.

      Under this new management the work was not permitted to lag, contracts for
the completion and furnishing of the building were let, and on the 26th of July,
1909, Dr. Ben. L. Bruner, Secretary of State, moved into and formally occupied his
apartments in the northwest portion of the building. The other State officials soon
followed, and by the 1st of December every department was comfortably located in
new quarters, and on the Tuesday after the first Monday in January, 1910, the first
session of the Kentucky Legislature to be held in the new Capitol was convened.
      The building is one of the handsomest, if not the most handsome, in the United
States, contains two hundred and seventy-four rooms and apartments, and is something
of which every Kentuckian can be proud.


                                 thke irints
  3NTERING( the grounds at Todd street is an avenue 360 feet wide, with a beauti-
       ful grass plot in the center, while asphalt driveways and concrete walks run
along eaell side. At the distance of 400 feet State street (the new thoroughfare which
hals been opened through the grounds from Shelby to Logan street) is reached,
and here the drive and walkways reach out on either hand to the east and
west entrances and also extend clear around the building. The grounds have been
handsomely graded, slope away gracefully from the front of the building and sides of
the approach, and in their summer dress of blue grays are beautiful indeed.

                              'The Goebel ,Su
A T the south end of the grass plot, in the center of State street, stands a bronze statue
C5    of Senator William  Goebel, mounted upon a pedestal of granite. It is of heroic
size, is the work of Chas. Henry Niehaus, of New York, and cost the State 20,000.

                                'The Ap     rh
 A LONG the south side of State street there extends a wall of ruble masonry, from
       Logan street on the east and from Shelby street on the west, which end, upon
reaching the avenue, in a crescent-shaped cut stone terminal, curving inward to-
ward the driveways.   Between the driveways springs a terrace, the front of which
is covered by a flight of granite steps, laid in fwo flights of 4 and 12 steps respect-




This page in the original text is blank.


ively, at the end of which are stone balustrades, terminating at the bottom in paneled
effect, reaching out toward the driveways, and in conjunction with the walls above men-
tioned, giving the appearance of a gateway entrance upon either side, while at the foot
of the stairway and along the wing walls are wide concrete walks.
       Ascending the stairway a plaza 30x72 feet is reached, the oval ends of which
are inclosed in cut stone balustrade and the space paved with vitrified brick and con-
crete laid in form, with concrete border. Reaching across the south side of this
plaza is another cut-stone balustrade, with openings at either end, protected by heavy
buttresses, through which there is another ascent of 8 steps of granite. This brings
one into an inclosure 6f9x196 feet, bounded on either hand by a stone balustrade,
3 feet in height, along the sides of which are ramptes. or walkways, of vitrified brick, laid
in form. 8 feet 4 inches wide, with a concrete border 2 feet 4 inches in width. These
walks are united at the ends of the inclosure, bounding on all four sides what is called
a Tapis Vert (carpet of green) or beautiful grass plot.
       These ramptes terminate at a second cut stone balustrade on the south, reach-
ing across from east to west, with openings at the ends to admit still other flights of
6 granite steps, which reach the Belvidere-an inclosure at the foot of the terrace steps,
beautifully paved with brick and concrete, with a fountain space in the center, and
openings in the balustrade on either side to admit concrete walks coming in from the
east and west ends of the building.
       To look down upon the approach from the windows of the building it has the
appearance of an immense Persian rug spread out at the foot of the terrace steps, with
streamers stretching away to terminate in tasselated effect. It will have to be seen from
a point of vantage for its beauties to be fully appreciated.


MOCHE face-Wrkr of the building is coustrueted  oft Oiits- litestzzioe from  Bedford.
        Indiana, with ai Verimtont -raimite Ias. :11.il rt.sts upon a eoni-rete foundation a4
solid as the everlasting WiA.,  It is surrou;idedl iy an architectural stone terrace with
concrete floor covered with vitrified Lr:ck. The outer walls of the building are ortx.-
mented with seventy Tonic columns-thirty-two on the front, four on either end and
thirty on the back. All of them are monoliths, twenty-seven feet ten inches tall and
weigh about eighteen tons each.

(JVTER the north entrance is richly scull tured, and adds greatly to the appearance
        of the building. The heroic figure in the eentre represents Kentucky, stand-
ing in front of a chair of state. Her immediate attendants are Progress, who is seen
kneeling at her feet, pushing a winged wheel; History, on the right, is recording the
events of the richly peopled past; Plenty stands in the left background with a cornuco-
pia overflowing with fruit and grain and lay her side is Law. Art is represented on the
right by at fenale figure with palette and brtush in her hand: Labor, in the rear facing
Art, by a male figure stripped to the waist and grasping a hammer. An argicultural
aspect is introduced by groups of cattle and horses, with male and female figures
wreathing the picture creatures as in festal array. The idea of the statue is portrayed
in the two ends of the Pediment by its grouping. and its indivisibility and stability are
shown in the State seal, which is indicated at the left end by a group of two figures



This page in the original text is blank.



This page in the original text is blank.


yxing fascets, signifying strength and unity. At the other end is an Indian group of
two figures. suggestive of pioneer days, crouching with fear and watching the approach
of civilization.
       The Pediment was designed by Chas. Henry Niehaus. of New York, who had the
contract, and received 40,000 for its execution. He employed an Austrian sculptor
by the name of Peter Rossak to do the work, for which he paid him 5,000.


WJHERE are three entrances to the building, one facing the east and one at the
        west, while the principal doors face the north. In approaching these latter
from the city it is necessary to ascend a flight of 24 steps, in rests of 8 steps each,
to reach the terrace floor. The steps are of Georgia granite and the terrace floor is
of concrete covered with vitrified brick (the reasons for the latter being that it is
a more secure footing in winter and does not reflect light and heat in summer),
while the 3 steps from the terrace to the doors are of granite. At the east entrance the
terrace is reached by a few steps from th'e driveway, but at the west entrance there
are two flights of 21 steps of granite each-one ascending from the north and the
other from the south. The outer vestibules are of Bedford limestone, but the interior
walls are of Georgia and the floors of Tennessee marble. On either side of the north
entrance to the rotunda there is a bronze tablet-the one on the west bearing the
names of the Commissioners who had charge of the earlier stages of the erection
of the building, and the one on the east bearing the names of the Commissioners who
completed it.


                                   qrke Admm

   S A close copy of the dome of the Hotel des Invalides, in Paris. France, and in
       the centre of the rotunda is a circle representing the position of the red Fin-
nish marble sarcophagus containing the ashes of the great Napoleon. The floor of
the rotunda is composed of several kinds of marble-blue and pink Tennessee and
Verde Antique-while the walls are of Georgia marble. Upon the top of the dome
there is a lantern containing four large 5,000 candle power electric lights, while the in-
terior of the dome is lighted by 800 incandescent bulbs-120 in the eye, 120 reflected
lights at the head of the pilasters, 120 upon the walls of the balcony, a line of 320
around the cornice and 120 in the pendants on the walls at the second floor. When all
are burning the effect is magnifieent.

                             tht STinroln ntrtue

3 N THE centre of the rotunda, under the dome, upon a massive pedestal of green
       Serpentine Marble, from Easton, Pennsylvania, rests a magnificent bronze statue
of Abraham Lincoln, the martyred President, and the greatest of all Kentucky's gifted
sons. It is of heroic size, 14 feet from base of pedestal to top of statue, and is the work
of the accomplished sculptor, Mr. A. A. Weinmann, of New York, pupil of Augustus St.
Gaudens, author of the celebrated Lincoln statue which stands in Lincoln Park, Chi-


This page in the original text is blank.



This page in the original text is blank.


cago. This was presented to the State by Mr. J. B. Speed, of Louisville, at a cost of
nearly 40,000, and is pronounced by experts to be more perfect than the Chicago

                      Qlarribors, tairfin        mt       e

OR elegance of finish these features are surpassed by no State Capitol and are
       equalled by few. The floors of the corridors are of Tennessee marble trim-
med with Verde Antique and Light Italio marble, the wainscoting and pilasters are
of Georgia marble, while the walls are covered with canvas, painted burnt orange and
the stairways are of Georgia marble. The nave is beautiful indeed, being generous in
length and breadth, and is ornamented with thirty-six magnificent monolitic columns
of Vermont granite, supporting massive cornices. These columns are 26 feet tall,
weigh ten tons, and cost-base, shaft and capital-1,968.00 each.

                              ,Mural Fauzings

IT HE lunettes of the nave are ornamented with handsome oil paintings, which are
       exceedingly interesting, and treat of early events in the history of Kentucky.
The subject of that in the east lunette is "Boone and Companions taking their First
View of the beautiful level of Kentucky"an event which transpired from the top of
Pilot Knob, in Eastern Kentucky, but the artist has placed the figures in front of the


Boone monument in the Frankfort cemetery, and has them looking towards the new
State Capitol, giving it a local color pleasing to the residents of the Capital city.
      The picture in the west lunette tells the story of the "Treaty of Wataga,"
which was concluded near Fort Wataga, Tennessee, in 1775. By its terms the Over-
hill Tribe of the Cherokee Indians, through their chief Oeon-os-to-to, sold to Daniel
Boone for the Transylvania Land Company, the lands that they claimed in
Kentucky  for pound;10,000, or about 48,600.    The Indians claimed the territory
extending from the Cumberland mountains on the east to the Cumberland and
Kentucky rivers on the west, and from the Ohio river south. The Transylvania
(Beyond the Forest) Land Company was a corporation composed of North Carolina
capitalists, headed by Judge, or Colonel, Richard Henderson, who proposed to exploit
the lands in Kentucky. After the treaty was concluded Ocon-os-to-to told the white
men that they had purchased an exceedingly beautiful country, but it was a Dark
and Bloody Ground, and they would have trouble in maintaining it-the origin of
the term "Dark and Bloody Ground," as applied to Kentucky. As the Cherokees were
a Southern tribe, whose home was in Alabama and Georgia, which had been endeav-
oring for years to hold the territory against the Shawnees, Miamis and Mingos, of the
North, it is supposed that he spoke from ample experience.
       Colonel, or Judge, Henderson called a meeting of the "Proprietors of the
Transylvania District," as the Land Company was called, at Boonesborough, and that
organization established a ceode of nine laws for the government of the territory,
which soon became onerous to the setflers, and they appealed to the Virginia Legis-
lature, through Col. George Rogers Clark, for relief. The Legislature refused to ree-
-ignize the sale by the Indians to Henderson and his associates, claiming that this



This page in the original text is blank.



This page in the original text is blank.


territory was previously ceded to the English Crown by the Six Nations, and was in-
cluded in the charter granted to the colony of Virginia; but rather than deprive
the Transylvania people of any benefit they might derive from the money they had
paid the Cherokees, the Legislature gave to them 200,000 acres of land-what is
known in Western Kentucky as the "Henderson grant"-beginning at the mouth of
Green river, following its meanders up the stream for twenty miles and extending
eight miles east and vest from the river. Colonel, or Judge, Henderson afterwards
settled upon part of this grant, and it was in his honor that the city and county of
Henderson were named. His relatives still reside there, and today are among the most
prominent citizens of that section.
       These pictures were executed by T. Gilbert White, of Grand Rapids, Michigan, in
Paris. France. at an expense to the State of 7,000.

                                   94e fftte5

  PON the first floor are located file rooms and the offices of the Departments of
        Agriculture, Insurance. Fire Prevention and Rates, Land, Education. Adjutant
General, Confederate Pensions, Automobile, Live Stock Sanitary Board, and Custodian,
as well as the Ladies' Reception. All these apartments, except Education (which is fin-
isjled in mahogany), are finished in oak and furnished with the same.
       On the second floor are the executive offices, viz: Governors, Secretary of
State, Auditor, Attorney General and Treasurer, the walls of all which are hung
with velvet and handsomely furnished in mahogany. On this floor are also the office


of the Clerk of the Court of Appeals, the Court Room. Tax Commission. Law Library,
Judges' Consultation and private chambers and State Reception Room.
      The third story is devoted mainly to the halLs of legislation. cloak. committee
and retiring rooms, though the Miscellaneous Library. Library Commission. State In-
spector and Examiner, Court Reporter, Commissioner of Banking and Superintendent
of Pullic Printing have quarters on this floor.

                          6zoatte BeptlpflOlu UOont

tllTS is one of the most beautiful apartments in the building, the design being of
       the Louis XVI period. and resembles very much the Public Reception Room
of Queen Marie Antoinette, in the Palace of the Grand Trainon at Versailles, France.
      It is handsomely furnished with hand-carved Circassian Walnut, the walls are
decorated with hand-painted cartoons of the Gobelin Tapestry and the hard-wood floor
covered with a rug of the French Ellane quality, manufactured especially for the pur-
pose. This room represents an expense of 9,300-the furniture and window hang-
ings costing 5,000, the decorations 2,500 and the carpet 1,800. This latter
was woven in Austria, the work requiring four months' time, and it is so heavy that the
loon was broken three times. It is 16x54 feet and weighs 1,027 pounds, is said to be one
of the largest specially designed rugs ever woven, and the most splendid specimen of the
Louis XVI period extant in the United States.



This page in the original text is blank.



This page in the original text is blank.


       In its manufacture it was necessary to cut by hand sixty-four knots to the
square inch of its surface, and as it covers something like 125,000 square inches, an
idea can be formed of the tedious nature of the womk.
      The furniture was manufactured in this country, the carving being executed
by foreign workmen, however, some of them still wearing the wooden shoe of Switzer-
land. The uncut velvet with which it is upholstered was manufactured at one of
the Convents of St. Cloud, France, and cost the contractor 13.50 per yard. The
handsome center table, which attracts so much attention, as an individual cost 1,100-
its top of Breche Violette, an Italian marble, having been selected to harmonize with
the wall trimmings, which are Scagliola, made in imitation of the Italian Pavonazzo

   HE chamber of the Court of Appeals is indeed handsome, perhaps more so than
       any other court room in the United States. The walls are paneled in solid
Honduras mahogany, the ceiling is Dutch metal leaf laquered to represent "old
bronze," paneled, with egg and dart mould effect, and the furniture of mahogany,
upholstered in olive green leather. The light fixtures are of brush brass, satin fin-
ish, and are exceedingly beautiful. This room represents an expense of something like


                              (consuIltation font

A T the north-east angle of the building, on the second floor, and connected with the
        Court Room, by means of the "Robing Room," is located the Consultation
Roomii. in which the Judges of the Court of Appeals do the bulk of their work. It is ele-
gantly furnished in mahogany, chairs and duvenports upholstered in leather, and on
its walls tare portraits of many of the distinguished jurists who have occupied the bench
of Kentucky's (-t)irt of last resort.

                               X)at as

X HE chambers; Ef the Senate and House of Representatives are both finished with
       Scagliola, the former in imitation of the Sienna and the latter the Numidian
marble. The furniture is mahogany of the richest and most substantial character,
leather upholstering, and the retiring and reception rooms are equally as comfortably
anid luxuriously fitted up. Each member is supplied with a roll-top mahogany desk,
with individunil electric light.

                       39asement ant J'Aurt4 3ffloor

3 N the basemuent and upon the fourth or gallery floor are numerous file and storage
       rooms, where the old books and papers can be safely deposited for a hundred


1Al.l OFF fir  hi'SFI-: OWi' liFh-:h'hiF:NT.K I  E

This page in the original text is blank.



This page in the original text is blank.


sears to come. Upon these floors have been placed the heating and ventilating machin-
ery. and the appliances for washing the air before it is forced into the building.

                                  Pj ofuer KMoun,

sROM    which the heat, light and water supply is obtained. is located below   the
- I  brow of the hill at the eastern edge of the grounds. upon the line of the Law-
rencehburg turnpike. on the Kentucky    river. and is connected with the building
bv a tunnel six and a half by five by nine hundred feet. It is supplied with the lat-
est and Ilst improved machinery for furnishing light and heat and appliances for
pumliping. refrigerating and filtering water. and for vacuum cleaning. This plant cost

                      til Eoont of terretuaru of ittcat

 1kT TI1IE north-west angle of the building is located on the first floor a room  in
        which much c(an be learned of the carl v hitorv of Kentuckv. for here are on
file the exec ntive patters of every tiovernor. from  Isaac Shelby to Gov. Morrow, the
bound volmitnes of the enrolled bills passed by the Legislatures from  that of 1792
down to date. the executive journals of every Governor from the first to the present,
aInd suct historic documients as the resolutions of '98. It is alone interesting to see
the signatures of the earlier Governors andl the splendid pennianship of the days of
quill pens and handmade paper.


                                 top of Bame

T 0 ItEACIH the lantern on top of the dome is rather a dangerous task. The ele-
       v-ator is taken to the fourth floor, a flight of steps carries you to the square of
the do(le, where you enter a shaft four feet six inches in diameter and wind around
a spiral flight of seventy-eight steps, next ascend straight up a ladder of fifty runes, and
then crawi through a small opening in the floor of the lantern. The view is splendid, hut
the height too dizzy for the average person.

HfllEN tYou have seen the very many beautiful feaures of Kentucky's new Capitol
1W     you wAill be ready to exclaim with the hosts who have preceded you, "The half
has not been told."

                                 UzIe 4thtstn

QHE legislature of 1912 having appropriated 73,000 for the erection of a new
        home for the Governor of Kentucky, the Capitol Commission purchased the
property of Hon. L. F. Johnson, at the eastern edge' of the Capitol grounds, where has


been erected a handsome Executive Mansion upon a knoll overlooking the winding
Kentucky river to the north and south, and looking out upon the splendid scenery
across the river to the east while from its front stretches away to the west the beauti-
ful Capitol Grounds.
       The foundation is of brick, stone and concrete, while the walls are of brick,
faced with Bowling Green limestone, and the building is 80 by 160 feet, three stories
in height, with ample basement. Facing the west there is a handsome main entrance
protected by an elegant portico, supported by massive columns, while at the south end
of the building there is another, or private entrance.
       Approaching from the west one enters a wide entrance hall, which runs half
through the building, where it meets the main hall, running north and south, and from
the union of the two rises the main stairway of the building.
       In the basement are located the kitchen, laundry, storage rooms, etc., and the
building is supplied with water, light, heat and vacuum cleaning service from the
Power Plant of the Capitol.
       On the first floor is located, to the left of the main entrance, a large drawing
room, ball room and banquet hall; on the right, upon entering, is found a large reception
room, dining room and waiting room; while to the south there is the private office of
the Governor. The latter may also be reached from the south or private entrance.
The second floor is devoted to bed-rooms, baths, toilet and storage rooms, while on the
third floor are located bed-rooms and servant's apartments. The grounds cost 9,500,
the house 62,000, while a further amount of about 20A000 has been expended for fur-
nishings and fixtures.


      The building was designed by Measrs. C. C.  E. A. Weber, architects, of Fort
Thomas, Ky., and the accompanying illustration shows that they are gentlemen of
taste and skill.


v bo-

A4)c; A

3 to

4) =z  - _
CCe  -z

g X 9 Zx tCb


Roberts Printing Co.
   Frankfort, Ky.


Electronic reproduction. 2002. (Beyond the shelf, serving historic Kentuckiana through virtual access (IMLS LG-03-02-0012-02) ; These pages may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically.

Kentucky's new state capitol / prepared by Geo. A. Lewis. Lewis, George Alexander, 1846- s.n.], [S.l. : c1912.

[22] p., [16] leaves of plates : ill. ; 14 x 19 cm.


Microfilm. Atlanta, Ga. : SOLINET, 1993. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (SOLINET/ASERL Cooperative Microfilming Project (NEH PS-20317) ; SOL MN02942.06 KUK)

Printing Master B92-89.


This electronic text file was created by Optical Character Recognition (OCR). No corrections have been made to the OCR-ed text and no editing has been done to the content of the original document. Encoding has been done through an automated process using the recommendations for Level 1 of the TEI in Libraries Guidelines. Digital page images are linked to the text file.

Kentucky Capital and capitol.


This page in the original text is blank.

fnitue cIvg' State Capitol reparrtbbi tom. !. 'Xts C31lirt 9.0tu bian . f ths Auilehns ir6t1 j3Ebiu-e

CO 1.G11 It GEO. .. EI--