Force or consent as the basis of American government / by Mary Scrugham ; the debate on the subject by the author and W.H. Townsend.
- Scrugham, Mary, b. 1885..
You may come across language in UK Libraries Special Collections Research Center collections and online resources that you find harmful or offensive. SCRC collects materials from different cultures and time periods to preserve and make available the historical record. These materials document the time period when they were created and the view of their creator. As a result, some may demonstrate racist and offensive views that do not reflect the values of UK Libraries.
If you find description with problematic language that you think SCRC should review, please contact us at SCRC@uky.edu.
- Contact the Special Collections Research Center for information regarding rights and use of this collection.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865.
- Clay, Henry, 1777-1852.
- United States History Civil War, 1861-1865 Causes.
- Slavery United States.
- Secession.Townsend, William H. (William Henry), 1890-1964.
- Lexington, Ky. Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy, : [Lexington] :
The text may or may not be an accurate representation of the original.