of this page
of entire item
History of the Girtys : being a concise account of the Girty brothers, Thomas, Simon, James and George, and of their half-brother, John Turner : also of the part taken by them in Lord Dunmore s war, in the western border war of the Revolution, and in the Indian war of 1790-95 : with a recital of the principal events in the West during these wars, drawn from authentic sources, largely original / by Consul Willshire Butterfield.
- Butterfield, Consul Willshire, 1824-1899..
You may come across language in UK Libraries Special Collections Research Center collections and online resources that you find harmful or offensive. SCRC collects materials from different cultures and time periods to preserve and make available the historical record. These materials document the time period when they were created and the view of their creator. As a result, some may demonstrate racist and offensive views that do not reflect the values of UK Libraries.
If you find description with problematic language that you think SCRC should review, please contact us at SCRC@uky.edu.
- Contact the Special Collections Research Center for information regarding rights and use of this collection.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Girty, Simon, 1741-1818.
- Girty family.
- Indians of North America --Wars --1750-1815.
- Detroit (Mich.) --History.
- Ohio --History.
- Pennsylvania --History.
- Pittsburgh (Pa.) --History.
- Ohio River Valley --History.
- Robert Clarke and Co. : Cincinnati, Ohio
The text may or may not be an accurate representation of the original.