(Printed verso reads: "Doctor Ephraim McDowell National Shrine, 125 South Second Street, Danville, Kentucky. The McDowell Apothecary Shop was the first drug store west of the Alleghenies. It is adjacent to the McDowell House where the historic operation was performed Dec. 25, 1809. Open Daily.")
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. For information about permissions to reproduce or publish, contact the Special Collections Research Center.
- University of Kentucky