Incidents of border life : illustrative of the times and condition of the first settlements in parts of the middle and western states, comprising narratives of strange and thrilling adventure--accounts of battles--skirmishes and personal encounters with the Indians--descriptions of their manners, customs, modes of warfare, treatment of prisoners, &c., &c.--also, the history of several remarkable captivities and escapes ; to which are added brief historical sketches of the war in the North-west, embracing the expeditions under Gens. Harmar, St. Clair and Wayne ; with an appendix and a review ... / compiled from authentic sources.
- Pritts, Joseph.
- Contact the Special Collections Research Center for information regarding rights and use of this collection.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indian captivities.
- Indians of North America --Wars --1790-1794.
- Frontier and pioneer life --Ohio River Valley.
- Indians of North America --Wars --1750-1815.
- G. Hills : Lancaster, Pa.
The text may or may not be an accurate representation of the original.