Bank of Kentucky Records, 1790-1924
- Bank of Kentucky Records, 1790-1924
- Bank of Kentucky
- 1 folder, .1 c.f.
- Finding Aid Author
- Archives Staff
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This collection contains miscellaneous papers and documents relating to the Bank of Kentucky. Included are cancelled checks drawn on the bank dating from 1805 to the 1850s; post notes from the years 1813-1814; and shares of bank stock from the 1820s. The group has some miscellaneous correspondence such as letters to and from Governors Lazarus W. Powell and Charles Morehead concerning bank business. There are also some papers dealing with the provenance of the items.
- Most of the Bank of Kentucky holdings concern the Frankfort, Louisville, and Lexington branches. Two or three items from the Glasgow branch are included. Some seemingly unrelated items such as a German one-mark note printed in 1920 are also present.
- Researchers can find other materials connected with the Bank in the collections of Thomas S. Page and D. Howard Smith at the Kentucky Historical Society. Both men were elected Auditor of Public Accounts for Kentucky and the materials concern bank business relating to their official capacity.
- Arrangement: Original order
- County: Franklin; Jefferson; Fayette; Barren