Arthur Earle Hopkins Collection, ca. 1860-ca. 1944
- Arthur Earle Hopkins Collection, ca. 1860-ca. 1944
- Hopkins, Arthur Earle, 1881-1944
- 1,500 items
- Mississippi River-- Pictorial works.
- Ohio River-- Pictorial works.
- Steamboats-- United States-- Photographs.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Hopkins was a prominent Louisville attorney, judge, 1941 mayoral candidate, and president of the Board of Aldermen at the time of his death. His avocation was Ohio and Mississippi river history and steamboating. Arthur Earle Hopkins collection contains a large collection of photographs, glass plate negatives, post cards, engravings, and lithographs of steamboats and river scenes. Access restricted. Most of the photographs of steamboats have been arranged and an index compiled