William Goodell Frost Miscellaneous Collection,ca. 1894-1918
- William Goodell Frost Miscellaneous Collection,ca. 1894-1918
- Frost, William Goodell
- .4 lin. ft.
- Segregation -- Education, higher
- Segregation -- Berea College
- Afro-Americans -- Discrimination, racial
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:M. Plarr
- Berea College
- Scope and Content
- Materials consist of several clippings about William Goodell Frost or Berea College; a copy of remarks made by various speakers at a fund raising dinner for Berea held in Boston, Massachusetts in 1894; a guest book from the Berea College President's House (1900 - 1918); and miscellaneous research notes of Berea professor Elizabeth Peck (n.d.).
- Fund raising dinner speakers included Harvard professor Nathaniel S. Shaler, a copy of whose speech is present. It advocates an increasing emphasis on educating Appalachians and opposes the coeducation of blacks and whites.