William Adair Letter, 1862, October 1
- William Adair Letter, 1862, October 1
- Adair, William
- 3 items
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Campaigns.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- William Adair was a Confederate soldier during the Civil War and was present at the Battle of Richmond, Ky. Adair's letter describes the complete victory of Confederate forces over the Union at the Battle of Richmond, Ky.; gives casualty totals and a list of supplies and weapons confiscated; tells about the aftermath of the battle with the dead and wounded everywhere; and comments on how Kentucky is rallying to the Confederate cause by the thousands. Finding aids available in the repository