Husband Edward Kimmel Miscellaneous Papers,1958-1964
- Husband Edward Kimmel Miscellaneous Papers,1958-1964
- Kimmel, Husband Edward, 1882-1968
- 6 items
- Admirals-- United States-- Archives.
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941-- Sources.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Career naval officer, native of Henderson County, Ky. Papers focus on the Pearl Harbor attack. Included are Kimmel's 14 Dec. 1958 letter to Lillian Thixton noting that the "shameful story" of Pearl Harbor would be understood by the country, and discussing his inability to travel because of poor health; 11 June 1962 letter regarding Pearl Harbor, the Husband farm near Henderson, his family, and that his last assignment on active duty was as commander-in-chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet; a copy of Kimmel's statement to the Joint Committee of Congress on the Investigation of the Pearl Harbor attack; and a pamphlet by John T. Flynn entitled "The Final Secret of Pearl Harbor