Tates Creek Baptist Church Record Book,1793-1824
- Tates Creek Baptist Church Record Book,1793-1824
- Tates Creek Baptist Church; Elkhorn Association; South Kentucky Association
- 1 volume, (unpaged); 33cm.
- Prather, James
- Baptist church--Kentucky
- Church records and registers--Kentucky--Fayette County
- Fayette County, KY--Genealogy
- Fayette County, KY--Religious life and customs
- Fayette County--Kentucky
- Tates Creek Meeting House
- Finding Aid Author
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Biography / History
- This minute book documents religious activity at Tates Creek from 1793 to 1824. It is not clear from the records whether the meeting house remained the the Elkhorn Association or went with the Tates Creek Association when they split in November 1793.
- Scope and Content
- A minute book of church business from November 22, 1793 to July 1824. Includes marriage and death records, confessions and articles of agreement between the Elkhorn and South Kentucky Association. A cure for Cholera is also noted.
- Arrangement: Chronological