Henry Swan Manning Supplemental Papers,1863-1879
- Henry Swan Manning Supplemental Papers,1863-1879
- Manning, Henry Swan, b. 1844
- 3 items
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875.
- Stanton, Edwin McMasters, 1814-1869.
- Tilden, Samuel J. (Samuel Jones), 1814-1886.
- Hoffman, John T. (John Thompson), 1828-1888.
- New York.-- National Guard.-- Regiment, 23rd.
- United States.-- Army.-- Corps d'Afrique.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Participation, Afro-American.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Lieutenant of the United States Army's Corps d'Afrique, the 10th and 82nd New York infantry regiments during the U.S. Civil War, and an officer in the New York National Guard after the war. Papers include commissions, muster rolls, and correspondence during his service in the Corps d'Afrique in the Civil War and in the New York National Gurad after the war. Includes a commission signed by President Andrew Johnson and Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton, 1865; commisions from governors Samuel J. Tilden and John T. Hoffman. Card file in repository