Watson Goodrich Letters,1861-1862
- Watson Goodrich Letters,1861-1862
- Goodrich, Watson
- 10 items
- Kentucky-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Sources.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Hospitals-- Sources.
- United States.-- Army.-- Illinois Cavalry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865).
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Soldier. Goodrich's letters to his family describe his life as a soldier in the 2nd Illinois Cavalry Regiment; conditions at Paducah and Columbus, Kentucky; and Union Army hospitals at Paducah, noting that some wounded from the Battle of Shiloh were quartered there. He also discusses personal matters; weather; camp conditions; speculates as to the future of his regiment; and notes the death of his friend Tom Butler and describes his funeral