Vaughan Family Photograph Collection, ca. 1890-ca. 1929
- Vaughan Family Photograph Collection, ca. 1890-ca. 1929
- Vaughan Family
- 5 items
- Automobiles-- Kentucky-- Photographs.
- Bicycles-- Kentucky-- Photographs.
- Cyclists-- Kentucky-- Photographs.
- Dwellings-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- Photographs.
- Dwellings-- Kentucky-- Pewee Valley-- Photographs.
- Tennis players-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- Photographs.
- Tennis players-- Kentucky-- Pewee Valley-- Photographs.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- The collection includes two large photograph albums and three loose photographs. Pictured are members of the William Milton Vaughan and William Culver Vaughan families. Both Vaughans (father and son) were in the insurance business in Louisville. Although many photographs are not identified, they provide an interesting look at family life in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Many of the photographs were taken in Louisville and Pewee Valley, and several houses and buildings can be identified. Other photographs include tennis players in Pewee Valley and at the Louisville Athletic Club, people in automobiles, family group pictures, and groups of men and boys bicycling