Robert Stuart Sanders Manuscript,1960-1968
- Robert Stuart Sanders Manuscript,1960-1968
- Sanders, Robert Stuart, 1880-1971
- .5 cubic ft.
- Transylvania Presbytery -- History
- Presbyterian Church -- Clergy -- Biography
- Presbyterian Church -- Clergy -- Photographs
- Presbyterian Church -- Kentucky -- History
- Presbyterian Church -- Ohio -- History
- Presbyterian Church -- Tennessee -- History
- Churches, Presbyterian -- Kentucky -- Photographs
- Churches, Presbyterian -- Ohio -- Photographs
- Churches, Presbyterian -- Tennessee -- Photographs
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:Bonnie Cox
- Transylvania University
- Biography / History
- Robert Stuart Sanders, a native of Shelby County, Kentucky, received degrees from Washington and Lee University and the Louisville Presbyterian Seminary, and later served Presbyterian churches in Fayette, Jefferson, Woodford, and Bourbon Counties. He authored HISTORY OF THE LOUISVILLE PRESBYTERIAN THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, and several other books on the development and history of Presbyterianism in various Kentucky communities. At the time of his death, his work on a history of the Transylvania Presbytery, which was comprised of Kentucky, southern Ohio, and the Cumberland River area of Tennessee, was left incomplete.
- Scope and Content
- This manuscript consists of typewritten sections from Robert Stuart Sanders' incomplete history of the Transylvania Presbytery, including individual church histories and biographies of ministers. Materials are made up of typewritten notes from primary and secondary sources. Also present are photographs of churches and pastors which accompany the brief sketches. Variant title: Robert Stuart Sanders manuscript.