Aaron Burr Papers,1784-1820
- Aaron Burr Papers,1784-1820
- Burr, Aaron, 1756-1836
- 3 items
- Benson, Egbert, 1746-1833-- Correspondence.
- Ormsby, Stephen, 1759-1844-- Correspondence.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Revolutionary War soldier, lawyer, vice -president. Burr's 4 August 1784 letter to Egbert Benson of Poughkeepsie, New York, discusses a legal case he was involved with; his 11 March 1814 letter to Mr. Peter B. Ormsby notes that he has desired his friend, Major Clark, to confer with Ormsby on the subject of bills and that he will ratify whatever Clark concludes; and an 18 November 1820 New York legal document