John D. Otter Papers,1832-1886
- John D. Otter Papers,1832-1886
- Otter, John D., d. ca. 1884
- 0.33 cubic ft.
- Mammoth Cave Railroad Co.
- Otter & Co. (Louisville, Ky.)
- Otter & Vertrees (Barren County, Ky.)
- Land use, Rural-- Kentucky-- History-- 19th century.
- Land use, Rural-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Merchants-- Kentucky-- History-- 19th century.
- Merchants-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Slavery-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Grocer and commission merchant of Louisville and Edmonson County, Ky., sheriff of Edmonson County. Papers include correspondence discussing land in Edmonson County and Ill.; land papers; 1846 bill of sale for three slaves; contracts, 1861 and 1863, to hire slave women; list of Otter's taxable property in 1860, including two slaves; licenses and certificates; bond of Mammoth Cave Railroad Co., 1886; scrapbook of John and Robert Otter's tobacco tag collection; and collection of U.S. and Confederate bank notes