Henry Clay Letter, 4 October 1850
- Henry Clay Letter, 4 October 1850
- Clay, Henry, 1777-1852
- 1 item
- Harris, J. Morrison (James Morrison), 1817-1898.
- Stuart, Alexander H.H. (Alexander Hugh Holmes), 1807-1891.
- California-- Politics and government-- 1846-1850.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- 1 item. Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, U.S. senator from Kentucky, secretary of state, four time candidate for the presidency, and statesman. Clay's letter to the Secretary of the Interior, Alexander H.H. Stuart, recommending J. Morrison Harris for a public job in California. Clay notes that Harris was member of the Baltimore Bar and that he was a "personal and politica friend." Card file in repository