Benjamin Hardin Letter,ca. 1835
- Benjamin Hardin Letter,ca. 1835
- Hardin, Benjamin
- 1 item (4 p.); 26 X 41 cm. folded to 26 X 22 cm.
- Hardin, James -- Marriage
- Chinn, Jane -- Marriage
- Kentucky -- History -- Sources
- Marriage customs and rites -- Kentucky
- Finding Aid Author
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Collection consists of three letters. Two of these were written to "Mesrs J. Jeffery & Co.," by Philip Swigert. These were dated, Frankfort, July 18, and August 8, 1854, respectively. Both of these letters discuss theh partial repayment of a loan with city bonds. The rest of the loan being repaid when the city of Frankfort obtained cash to pay the debt. John J. Crittenden was authorized to handle the bond repayment. The third letter, dated Frankfort, May 20, 1845, was written to Captain Russell by Swigert. It concerns the wreck of the ship "Teacher". The letter tells the captain that Crittenden has been authorized to come examine the wreck and determine if any of the investment is salvageable.
- Mercer County