Barkley Presbyterian Church, Scott County, KY Session Book,1829-1884 (bulk: 1829-1844)
- Barkley Presbyterian Church, Scott County, KY Session Book,1829-1884 (bulk: 1829-1844)
- Barkley Presbyterian Church
- 1 volume, 55 p.
- Presbyterian Church--Kentucky
- Church records and registers--Kentucky--Scott
- Scott County, KY--Religious life and customs
- Barkley Presbyterian Church, Scott County
- Finding Aid Author
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Biography / History
- The Barkley Church was organized on May 30, 1829 as part of the West Lexington Presbytry. This church may have been an off-shoot of the Cherry Spring Church. Later, the church was renamed Providence.
- Scope and Content
- The first part of this collection consists of church record for the Barkley Presbyterian Church. The records run through 1844 and include formation documents, members list, and general records. Some baptism records for slaves are included in this section. The second part of the collection consists of a random accounts ledger of undetermined origin. The dates for the account ledger run from 1874-1885.