Louisville Parks and Recreation Department Records,1890-1956
- Louisville Parks and Recreation Department Records,1890-1956
- Metropolitan Park and Recreation Board of Louisville and Jefferson County
- 4 cubic ft.
- Parks-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- History-- Sources.
- Board of Park Commissioners of the City of Louisville.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Records consisting of twenty-one volumes of minute books, 1890-1942; letter press books, 1894-1897; Municipal Boat Harbor receipt books, 1942-1956; and L. H. Weir's Feb. 1916 report upon park properties, their development, and their uses; and four card file drawers containing an index to the Board of Park Commissioner's minute books and other park material. Also included are plans of numerous Louisville parks, including those designed by the landscape design firm Olmsted Brothers