Visiting Nurse Association records, ca. 1909-ca. 1993
- Visiting Nurse Association records, ca. 1909-ca. 1993
- Visiting Nurse Association
- 2.5 linear ft.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Archives Staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:Eric Weig
- University of Louisville
- Scope and Content
- The Visiting Nurse Association began as the King's Daughters District Nurse Association in 1890, merged with the Babies Milk Fund in 1919, and became the Public Health Nursing Association until 1935, when it assumed its current name. Contained in this collection are photographs, studies, clippings, histories, brochures, and a small amount of correspondence about this nonprofit organization that providing healthcare and education in the homes of convalescents and the chronically ill. Some microfilmed annual reports are included.