Gwathmey Family Supplemental Papers,1780-1888
- Gwathmey Family Supplemental Papers,1780-1888
- Gwathmey Family
- 17 items
- Anderson, Richard Clough, 1788-1826.
- Ashley, William Henry, 1778-1838.
- Clark, George Rogers, 1752-1818.
- Clark, William, 1770-1838.
- Clark Family.
- Crittenden, Thomas T., 1788-1832.
- Education-- Connecticut-- Litchfield-- Sources.
- Fur trade-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Gwathmey, Isaac Robertson.
- Gwathmey, Samuel, 1778-1850.
- Indians of North America-- History-- Sources.
- Kentucky-- Social life and customs.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Prominent Kentucky and Jeffersonville, Indiana family. Includes land papers concerning property of the Clark, Gwathmey, and Anderson families; letters from William Clark about financial affairs of George Rogers Clark, the fur trade, and Indian trouble; a letter from Thomas T. Crittenden about appointees to a judgeship; and a copy of the 17 July 1888 Congressional Record reporting on a bill to erect a monument in honor of George Rogers Clark