Kenneth Lee Sullivan Papers,1941-1945
- Kenneth Lee Sullivan Papers,1941-1945
- Sullivan, Kenneth Lee, 1913-1944
- 11 items
- Astoria (Cruiser : CA-34)-- History-- Sources.
- United States.-- Navy-- Storekeepers-- Archives.
- World War, 1939-1945-- Campaigns-- Pacific Ocean-- Sources.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Kenneth "Bud" Sullivan was a storekeeper, third class in the U.S. Navy who served on the U.S.S. Astoria during World War II. He was killed, 1944 Aug. 9, while in the Pacific. Collection includes three letters between Sullivan and his mother; documents relating to his posthumous purple heart; a history of the Astoria; a picture and negatives of Sullivan on leave, 1941 May-June; three posthumous certificates; a photocopy of Ed Taylor's diary, 1941 Dec. 7-1942 May 27; and photocopies of official notes, orders, and reports about the Astoria and the Pacific War. In part, photocopies. Card index in repository