Corps d'Afrique Records,1863-1864
- Corps d'Afrique Records,1863-1864
- United States Corps d'Afrique
- 15 items
- Kentucky-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Sources.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Participation, Afro-American-- Sources.
- United States.-- Army-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Sources.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Union Army African-American unit. Correspondence and General Orders Numbers 2 -6 from the Headquarters of the Corps d'Afrique, Louisville, Kentucky, during the Civil War, concerning the headquarter's move to Six Mile Island in the Ohio River for their safety, promotions, appointments and resignations of officers, and charges of violations between certain officers. Also included is a provision return for the station in New Albany, Indiana