Captain G.W. Lee Military Orders,1861
- Captain G.W. Lee Military Orders,1861
- Bragg, Braxton (General)
- 1 item
- Bragg, Braxton, --1817-1876
- Confederate States of America. -- Army
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Lee, G. W.
- Wood, Robert C. (Robert Crooke), --1832-1900
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:Eric Weig
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- These orders, dated April 5, 1861, were issued by General Braxton Bragg to Captain Lee, assigning Lee's independent company of Georgia volunteers to duty as a corps of artisans in the Navy Yard at Pensacola, Florida. The orders called this a "special selection" due to the company's excellent service at Fort McRee, which was also in the Pensacola area. The document was signed by Assistant Adjutant General Robert C. Wood, Jr.
- Creator's Occupation: Captain, Confederate Army