E. L. Nance Letters,1940
- E. L. Nance Letters,1940
- Nance, E.L.
- 3 items (3 leafs); 27 cm.
- Legislators--United States--Correspondence
- World War, 1939-1945--Public Opinion
- Barkley, Alben William, 1877-1956
- Gregory, Noble J.
- Chandler, Albert B. "Happy," 1898
- Finding Aid Author
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Three typed and signed letters, one each from Alben W. Barkley, Noble J. Gregory, and Albert B. "Happy" Chandler, addressed to E. L. Nance. Each letter was written in 1940, apparently in response to one written by Nance. Two of the three letters indicate a definite opposition to World War II. Only Barkley's letter indicates a more neutral tone.
- Arrangement: Chronological
- Provenance: Mrs. J.W. Nance; 833 South Main Street, St Carles, Missouri 63301; gift; 1978.