John Mason Brown Papers,1866-1884
- John Mason Brown Papers,1866-1884
- Brown, John Mason, 1837-1890
- 3 items
- Historians-- Kentucky-- Correspondence.
- Sihasapa Indians-- Social life and customs.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Lawyer, soldier, historian. Includes an 1866 article Brown wrote about the Blackfoot Indians, noting that he was adopted by the tribe; and a 7 August 1884 letter to General Alpheus Baker sending his translation of the Hymn "Dies Ira