World War II Military Documents1945
- World War II Military Documents1945
- Headquarters of the Commander in Chief of the Pacific and U. S. Pacific Fleet
- 3 items
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941
- Atomic bomb--Bikini Atoll (Marshall Islands)--Blast effect
- World War II (1939-1945)--Collectibles--Japan
- Carter, J. L.
- Finding Aid Author
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This collection consists of a pamphlet, a policy letter, and a confidential document related to World War II. The undated pamphlet, entitled "Pearl Harbor December 7, 1941," tells the story of the attack on U. S. Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. It was issued from the Headquarters of the Commander in Chief of the Pacific and U. S. Pacific Fleet. The policy letter, dated Dec. 10, 1945, and issued by the U. S. Naval Technical Mission to Japan, relates to souvenirs collected by naval personnel. On the back side of the letter is a certificate of ownership of J. L. Carter, Ensign, U.S.N.R, for several items. The undated confidential document relates to the atomic bomb test site at Bikini Island. Notes indicate what happened after the test explosion to the ships positioned around the island and to the animals onboard the ships.
- Arrangement: Chronological