Alexander Parker Letter Book,1824-1828
- Alexander Parker Letter Book,1824-1828
- Parker, Alexander, fl. 1824-1828
- 1 v.; 32 cm.
- Parker, Alexander, d fl. 1824-1828 -- Correspondence
- Merchants -- Kentucky -- Fayette County -- Correspondence
- Actions and defenses -- Kentucky
- Letter books
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:Eric Weig
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Biography / History
- Alexander Parker lived in Lexington, Kentucky as early as 1785 where he was a merchant with a store and residence on Main Street. Parker was also the president of the Kentucky Auxiliary Bible Society, a trustee of Transylvania University, and president of the old Kentucky Insurance Bank.
- Scope and Content
- This one item collection is a letter book owned by Alexander Parker of Lexington, Kentucky. The letters, dated 1824-1828, concern Parker's business dealings and lawsuits and are addressed to persons such as Thomas Crittenden, Francis Keyes, James Clarke, J. Swigert, and James M. Preston.