A. W. Allen Letters, 1862
- A. W. Allen Letters, 1862
- Allen, A. W.
- 3 items
- United States.-- Army.-- Brigade, 26th.
- Cumberland Gap Campaign, 1862.
- Kentucky-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Tennessee-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Cavalry operations.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- A.W. Allen was a soldier with the 26th Brigade, USA during the Civil War. Two letters, 14 and 15 June 1862, written by Allen of the 26th Brigade, USA, recount marching from Lexington, Ky. to Clairborne Co., Tenn.; describe chasing and skirmishing with Rebel cavalry in the Cumberland Mountains, and discuss the regimental makeup of the 26th Brigade and its weapons. Finding aids available in repository