Juniper Hunting Club Photograph Collection, ca. 1912-ca. 1929
- Juniper Hunting Club Photograph Collection, ca. 1912-ca. 1929
- Juniper Hunting Club
- 51 items
- Bingham, Robert Worth, 1871-1937.
- Clubs-- Florida-- Photographs.
- Hunting-- Florida-- Societies, etc.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- The Juniper Hunting Club was organized in 1909 by a group of Louisville sportsmen. The site was a large tract of timberland, marsh, and streams on Lake George near Astor, Florida. A clubhouse was built, and the group held several "camps" each year for hunting and fishing. The original clubhouse was damaged in a tornado about 1928 and a new clubhouse was built where Silver Glen feeds into Lake George. The photographs picture members of the club, the staff and guides, the clubhouses, and hunters and fishermen with their catch. Some people are identified, including Pendleton Beckley, Judge Walter Lincoln, George Sehon, Lieutenant Governor William H. Cox, Ed McGlemery, Robert W. Bingham, James Gregory, Hugh Nevin, Joe Byers, Will Neal, Giles Van Cleave, Doctor George H. Day, and guides Henry Livingston and Nel Long