Appalachian Volunteers, Bristol - Prestonsburg General Office Files,1966-1971
- Appalachian Volunteers, Bristol - Prestonsburg General Office Files,1966-1971
- Appalachian Volunteers
- 12 lin. ft.
- Fund raising -- Appalachian Volunteers
- Appalachia -- Community development
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:M. Plarr
- Berea College
- Biography / History
- On May 3, 1966, the Volunteers became a separate entity from the Council of the Southern Mountains, incorporating as Appalachian Volunteers, Inc. The decision was made to move to Bristol, Tennessee in the spring of 1966, with the move taking place in the fall. In the fall of 1968, funding cutbacks resulted in a move to Prestonsburg.
- Scope and Content
- This collection is from Appalachian Volunteers headquarters in Bristol, Tennessee and later, Prestonsburg, Kentucky.
- Materials, in general, reflect Volunteers administration of programs for the period, and detail their relations with other agencies and public officials, specific Community Action Programs, interest in related programs in other areas, and private funding sources.
- Unpublished inventory/register.