Nannie [Anne Clay] to Henry Hart Clay, Louisville. She received a pair of earrings, a finger ring, and a prayer book for Christmas. Has not heard from Grandpa [Clay] for awhile except for what is in the newspapers. Uncle [Smith] fell down and hurt himself. Most in Louisville are well except for some very bad colds. She is going to school at Mrs. Saunders' because Uncle William [Prather] thinks Mr. Butler's school is too expensive. Because she did not respond to his last letter, she fears he will not write her
- 1852 January 12
- Henry Clay Memorial Foundation (Lexington, Ky.).
- 64.6 Cubic Feet 179 boxes, 9 wrapped items 10.67 Cubic Feet44 boxes, 2216 items
You may come across language in UK Libraries Special Collections Research Center collections and online resources that you find harmful or offensive. SCRC collects materials from different cultures and time periods to preserve and make available the historical record. These materials document the time period when they were created and the view of their creator. As a result, some may demonstrate racist and offensive views that do not reflect the values of UK Libraries.
If you find description with problematic language that you think SCRC should review, please contact us at SCRC@uky.edu.
- The physical rights to the materials in this collection are held by the University of Kentucky Special Collections. Contact the Special Collections Research Center for information regarding rights and use of this collection.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawyers -- Kentucky -- Lexington.
- Historic buildings -- Kentucky -- Ashland.
- Real estate development -- Kentucky.
- Agriculture -- Kentucky -- Lexington.
- Mexican War, 1846-1848.
- Buena Vista, Battle of, Mexico, 1847.
- Tariff -- United States -- History
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Railroads -- Kentucky -- History.
- Compromise of 1850.
- Lumber trade -- Kentucky.
- Women -- Suffrage -- Kentucky.
- Horse racing -- Kentucky -- Lexington.
- Suffrage -- United States.
- Horse farms -- Kentucky.
- Medicine -- Kentucky.
- Artists -- Kentucky -- Lexington.
- Women -- Kentucky -- Lexington -- Societies and clubs.
- Women -- Kentucky -- Lexington
- Horses -- Breeding -- Kentucky.
- University of Kentucky
XML Collection Guide
The text may or may not be an accurate representation of the original.