Typescript sheet, Description of the Grand Historical Picture, of the Memorable Attack, on the Hills of Famars
With extract of a letter from J. Murray to H. Dundas and a drawn key to Mr. Orme's print of the Battle of Famars painted by Mather Brown. Full title reads, "Description of the Grand Historical Picture, of the Memorable Attack, on the Hills of Famars, Before Valenciennes, on the twenty-third of May, 1793, byt the Combined Armies, under the command of His Royal Highness, Frederick, Duke of York".
- 43.94 Cubic Feet 86 boxes, 4 oversize boxes, 22 items Poor-Good Peal accession no. 11453.
You may come across language in UK Libraries Special Collections Research Center collections and online resources that you find harmful or offensive. SCRC collects materials from different cultures and time periods to preserve and make available the historical record. These materials document the time period when they were created and the view of their creator. As a result, some may demonstrate racist and offensive views that do not reflect the values of UK Libraries.
If you find description with problematic language that you think SCRC should review, please contact us at SCRC@uky.edu.
- The physical rights to the materials in this collection are held by the University of Kentucky Special Collections Research Center. Contact the Special Collections Research Center for information regarding rights and use of this collection.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Art and literature -- England -- History -- 19th century.
- European literature -- 19th century.
- English literature.
- Lake poets
- Poets, English -- 19th century
- Authors, English -- 19th century
- University of Kentucky
XML Collection Guide
The text may or may not be an accurate representation of the original.