Mirror of olden time border life : embracing a history of the discovery of America, of the landing of our forefathers at Plymouth and their most remarkable engagements with the Indians ... from ... 1620, until the final subjugation of the natives, in 1679. Also, history of Virginia, embracing its first settlement, the progressive movements of civilization ... and a narrative of the ... struggle between the white settlers and Indians in north-western Virginia, Kentucky, & c.. Also, history ofthe early settlement of Pennsylvania ... and the subsequent warfare ... To which are added, personal narratives of captivities and escapes ... Together with numerous sketches of frontier men ... Comp. from authentic sources / by J. Pritts.
- Pritts, Joseph..
You may come across language in UK Libraries Special Collections Research Center collections and online resources that you find harmful or offensive. SCRC collects materials from different cultures and time periods to preserve and make available the historical record. These materials document the time period when they were created and the view of their creator. As a result, some may demonstrate racist and offensive views that do not reflect the values of UK Libraries.
If you find description with problematic language that you think SCRC should review, please contact us at SCRC@uky.edu.
- Contact the Special Collections Research Center for information regarding rights and use of this collection.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indian captivities.
- Frontier and pioneer life Ohio River Valley.
- Indians of North America Wars 1750-1815.
- New England History Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Virginia History Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Pennsylvania History Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.Withers, Alexander Scott, 1792-1865.
- S.S. Miles, : Abingdon, Va. :
The text may or may not be an accurate representation of the original.